JZX90 Street Sleeper

richard.parker.5

So my love affair for rear wheel drive Japanese Cars is in full swing, and after selling the recent daily, I felt it was time for something new.

Moving quickly from my NA JZA80 Supra, I made the commitment to purchase a larger option from the list of JZ Platforms.

NlBUOvh.jpg

She had a good old heap of work done, with full suspension upgrade, Manual Conversion, wheels, Lexus brakes, Exhaust and a Roll Cage etc, etc. All with the intention of fitting a set of 4AGE Throttle Bodies to the NA Engine.

Anywho, 400 miles later on new years day (2017), I brought home my first Chaser from Josh at Gorilla Imports, a very clean, low mile, almost un-molested JZX90, Tourer-V

2irSMlg.jpg

JmS3EU6.jpg
AbK10op.jpg

tMIQ1Om.jpg
nKGIVKF.jpg

Initially, I didn't have plans to do anything with it, but as I find myself finally stepping into Drifting, I started to take aim at building something that I can use both Daily and on the Track.

All I needed to do is get some seat time in to learn the basics beforehand. (**Purchases a rotten Eunos Roadster, turns into another project - here)

As ever, I can only expect a little flak for the Car being an Auto, (which I completely understand) BUT, Toyota's Autoboxes are pretty solid and the costs of an R154 or BMW Manual Conversion are just too much for me to commit too right now..

So, we wont be aiming for a stripped out, D1 Spec Drift Car, but with a few choice modifications in mind, l think I should still have a good all rounder for what I am asking.

Last edited:
W

Wolfie

Thanks for joining Richard, I remember seeing this car on Ebay a few months back, glad she found a good owner!!
She dos look mega clean!

richard.parker.5

Thanks Guys, still yet to have an actual propper tinker, but money is tight after Christmas and I promised the wife I would sort the Camper Van out for its maiden voyage when the warmer weather gets here...​

Last edited:

Brett7777

Nice! I started off trying to make my x90 a sleeper, it's still reasonably low key, Im nearly finished my engine mods, just 2 more things to go

Brett7777

One thing that can help the sleeper look, is painting your fmic black (my blue hoses give it away tho)
t14.jpg

richard.parker.5

One thing that can help the sleeper look, is painting your fmic black (my blue hoses give it away tho)
View attachment 9417

Nice, what Intercooler are you using?

I have been looking at the Greddy units, but I could put my own kit together for much cheaper....

As for a sleeper, I'm chasing another 100ish HP, if possible. The GTR wheels are growing on me, so they will stay for a while, until I can afford some Rays.

Does anyone know what power the OEM Airbox can run? I know the JZA80 ones were said to be fine for up to 500hp with a better filter, not sure if the JZX90 one is the same...?​

Last edited:
W

Wolfie

Airbox is fine for 450hp area, just replace the filter with something if you must.

richard.parker.5

Giving the Engine a once over, wound up changing the crusty old HKS Air Filter for a brand new one and threw a Cusco High pressure Rad Cap on there. (Joys of working for a motorsport parts wholesaler = cost price on branded parts)

VB4pA1l.jpg

Last edited:

Slev

Nice car, look forward to seeing this progress and had seen this for sale on eBay , looks a very clean car

Top Bottom